Collector / Treasurer
The Treasurer/Collector's Office will provide taxpayers and town employees with professional and courteous customer service. We will answer all inquires in a timely manner. We will continue to persevere to treat all Taxpayers with equity and take all necessary steps, allowable by law to collect on all past due accounts.
The Collector's Office is responsible for the efficient and timely billing and collection of all monies due the Town including:
- Real Estate Tax
- Excise Motor Vehicle Tax
- Personal Property Tax
- Water/Sewer Bills
The Treasurer's Office is responsible for the receipt of all Town monies and investments, all Tax Titles accounts, the administration of Town Meeting authorized debt, and the timely payment of all bills and payrolls of the Town.
For Your Information
- Bills are sent quarterly and payable within 30 days or the due date indicated on the bill. Late payments will be assessed interest and late charges in accordance with the Massachusetts General Law.
- Payments must be received in the Collector's office by 4 pm on the due date. Postmarks are not accepted as receipts dates. Payments must actually be received in the office to avoid additional charges. Non-Cash payments can be dropped off anytime in the Town's Drop Box; a black box on a pedestal on the Warren Street side of Town Hall. This box is tamper-proof and will be opened by our office each day our office is open.
- Checks should be made payable to "Town of Upton"
- Please enclose the remittance portion of the bill to ensure proper credit. If you would like a receipt, enclose a self addressed and stamped envelope with both the payment, the remittance portion and the taxpayer portion.
- If your taxes are being paid by a bank or mortgage company, please contact them to ensure that they have the correct tax information for your account. Remember, as the property owner you are responsible for the tax obligations.
- Please do not "post-date" personal checks. Checks are deposited daily. If a check is dishonored by a bank for any reason, a returned check fine of $30, plus applicable interest and charges will be added. It is illegal to submit "post-dated" checks for payment.
Credit Card and On-Line payments are now accepted at this time. Have your checkbook and bill ready.
*Online payments are only for bills currently due. Past due bills are not available for online payment.
Online payments can be accepted until midnight on the due date without incurring any additional charges. The Town of Upton also accepts Cash, Checks, or Money Orders as form of payment.
To apply for a Real Estate or Auto Excise abatement, please contact the Town of Upton Assessor's Office.
Trisha MarvelleAssistant Treasurer/Collector
Joy FosterDepartment Specialist
Collector / TreasurerPhysical Address
1 Main Street
Upton, MA 01568
1 Main Street Upton MA 01568
Phone: 508-529-3737Fax: 508-529-1010
Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday
8 am to 4 pm
8 am to 6 pm
8 am to noon
Town Hall - Room G01