What should I do if I see someone breaking environmental laws?

You can follow these three simple steps:

  1. Do not attempt to deal with any violators yourself, as some violators may engage you in a confrontation.
  2. Do call the Conservation Commission 508-529-6286 to report what you have seen and ask them to investigate the situation.
  3. Do jot down important information such as motor vehicle license plates, time, date, description of the violator(s) or any information that would be helpful in the apprehension of these lawbreakers. Photographs are always helpful!

Show All Answers

1. Help! I have beavers! What do I do?
2. What is the Wetlands Protection Act?
3. What should I do if I see someone breaking environmental laws?
4. What can I do to help maintain the health of wetland areas?
5. I have an underground oil tank. How do I prevent leaks and/or deal with spills?
6. What is a Stormwater Management Policy?
7. What is a Flood Zone? Am I in one?
8. What is a Floodplain? Am I in one?
9. What about emergency tree removal?
10. Do I need a permit to cut trees and brush?
11. How do I get a wetland delineation?
12. I’m thinking about buying property. How will I know if there will be wetland issues?
13. How do I know if I have wetlands or other resources?
14. What is a vernal pool?
15. Do I need a permit?
16. What is a Buffer Zone?
17. Why do we protect wetlands?
18. What are the common wetland resource areas found in Upton?
19. What exactly is a wetland?